Thursday, November 20, 2008

Fútbol Mania: Local Teams Featured on Time Warner On Demand

Time Warner's digital on-demand service has a channel dedicated to local amateur soccer. Fútbol Mania profiles teams playing in the 2000 leagues (their figure) in Southern California. I just went through their current offerings (they post new 15 minute episodes every week) and was really psyched - the highlights are good, and the commentary is fun (as far as I can tell - it's in Spanish).

You can find it by going to channel 1, and choosing "local." It should then show up on your menu.

I think I'm just going to tell people who talk about how people "here" are not interested in soccer to just shut up. I mean, what media outlet produces a weekly show about an amateur sport no one cares about? If that was how Time Warner worked, they'd be profiling the women's teams playing in these leagues. (None of the games profiled right now feature women's teams. Shameful!) Anyway, click here for their slightly corny announcement video.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I don't speak english, but I found your blog and read that you is fan brazilian women's soccer, these two videos belong to Brazilian TV channel and exhibits the promises of the feminine soccer that are going to play in the USA.

    *http://video.globo.com/Videos/Player/Esportes/0,,GIM911285-7824-RONALDINHA+A+NOVA+PROMESSA+DO+FUTEBOL+FEMININO,00.html

    *http://video.globo.com/Videos/Player/Esportes/0,,GIM911731-7824-CRISTIANE+SE+ENCONTRA+COM+JOVENS+JOGADORAS,00.html

    Sorry my badly English
    Isa

    ReplyDelete

Feedback? Let me know what you think. Just an FYI: all comments posted to this blog are recorded, whether I publish them or not. I do not publish generally hateful comments - whether they be directed at me or at players and teams or other readers. I appreciate reader feedback, especially from those whose contributions add nuance and complexity to the story.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...